Here is a recipe that is sure to impress at this year’s Fourth of July parties and other summer gatherings. With ingredients such as cream cheese, Nutella, and raspberries, what’s not to love? We found this tasty dessert in tasteofhome.com and it is as easy to make as it is to eat! If you are looking for some wonderful, fresh raspberries, look no further than the farm stand at Colchester Neighborhood Farm in Plympton, which is selling the berries from Keirstead Farm in Plympton.
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- Process cream cheese and butter in a food processor until blended. Add flour; process just until a dough forms. Shape into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, toss raspberries, sugar and cornstarch with a fork, mashing some of the berries slightly.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 14×8-in. rectangle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Spread with Nutella to within 1 in. of edges. Top with raspberry mixture. Fold pastry edge toward center of tart, pleating and pinching as needed.
- Bake until crust is golden brown, 45-50 minutes. Transfer tart to a wire rack to cool.