We can’t say enough about this fabulous, diet-friendly and delicious summer salad from allrecipes.com. Just because the calendar reads September doesn’t mean you can’t continue to enjoy the flavors of summer. Now, in fact, is the best time to pick up freshly harvested, organically grown watermelons and arugula at Colchester Neighborhood Farm.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cups bite sized watermelon chunks
- Whisk the olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, and salt together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Combine the arugula, spinach, onions, and tomatoes in a large salad bowl. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad mixture; toss to coat. Add the feta cheese and watermelon to serve.