We found this dish on the website allrecipes and while we like any recipe that calls for using vegetables that are in season, we especially liked this one since it uses three vegetables that are now being harvested at Colchester Neighbhorhood Farm. Our crews have been busy picking a vast array of vegetables and among them are peppers, summer squashes and potatoes. Though this recipe calls for red bell peppers, feel free to swap them out for purple beauties…they are just as sweet and tasty and add an unexpected pop of color.
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered and cut into large pieces
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a medium baking pan, toss together the zucchini, potatoes, red bell pepper, garlic, bread crumbs, and olive oil. Season with paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender and lightly brown.